REQUIREMENTS COVID CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO MAKE SURE YOU RESPECT ALL COVID CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU RESERVE YOUR SPOT TO ONE OF OUR DREAMCAMP.
As part of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and prevent importation, all travellers are required to digitally provide contact and quarantine information upon and after entry into Canada.
Use ArriveCAN to comply with the new mandatory travel requirements.
Speed up your process at the Canadian port of entry and limit points of contact with others.
Plan ahead and learn more by visiting Canada.ca/ArriveCAN
- Exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers
- Check if you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller
- Pre-entry testing and other requirements to follow for your trip
- Testing positive or possible exposure within 14 days of your entry to Canada
- Troubleshooting vaccination issues in ArriveCAN
If you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller you are:
Required to show a pre-entry molecular test
Required to use ArriveCAN
Required to take an arrival test if selected
Exempt from quarantine
Exempt from Day-8 testing
All travellers are eligible to enter Canada if they qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller regardless of citizenship. Canadians are always eligible to enter Canada but must complete testing requirements and mandatory quarantine if they do not qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller.
A pre-entry molecular test is required for all travellers. A rapid antigen test will not be accepted.
If you provide essential services or already qualify for other exemptions from quarantine and Day-8 testing, you don’t need to be considered a fully vaccinated traveller to enter Canada. If you think you qualify for other exemptions, find out if your travel is exempt.
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller to Canada, you must:
- have received at least 2 doses of a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
- or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- have received your second dose at least 14 full days prior to the day you enter Canada
- Example: if your second dose was anytime on Thursday July 1, then Friday July 16 would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
- upload your proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- meet all other entry requirements (for example, pre-entry test result)
Accepted COVID-19 vaccines in Canada
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
If your proof of vaccination is not in English or French
What is not accepted as a fully vaccinated traveller
Vaccines not currently accepted
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Cansino (Convidecia, Ad5-nCoV)
- Gamaleya (Sputnik V, Gam-Covid-Vac)
- Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, Sinopharm-Wuhan)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
- Vector Institute (EpiVacCorona)
The list of accepted vaccines may expand in the future.
Partial vaccination Recovered from COVID-19 with only one dose
If you do not qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you may still be able to enter Canada.
Find out if you can enter Canada
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller, you must also follow these requirements:
- Get a pre-entry test (accepted types and timing)2. Quarantine plan in case you don’t qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller3. Upload proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN4. Checklist of what to have ready at the border5. Arrival tests – randomized testing and exemptions
Monitor for symptoms for at least 14 days after your arrival. If you start having COVID-19 symptoms you must immediately:
- contact the local public health authority and follow their directions, including isolation
- report symptoms to PHAC by calling 1-833-641-0343
You must provide proof of your test results, if asked, to any federal, provincial, territorial or municipal government official or peace officer.
You didn’t see the vaccination questions in ArriveCAN or couldn’t upload proofNo receipt from ArriveCANContact ArriveCAN if you receive emails or notificationsYour ArriveCAN receipt doesn’t include the letters I or V